You're going to fall in love with me today. If you've ever had Pizza Inn, then you've probably had their Chocolate Chip Pizzert. If you haven't, I will now pray for you and the things you are missing out on. I will also encourage you to make this because it's pretty darn good. I think so anyway.
I have been testing out these recipes off an on for YEARS. There aren't a whole lot of recipes online for a copycat version of this pizza and the ones I have tried were good enough but missing something. I started out viewing this recipe and following the suggestions on this forum and the recipe below is what I came up with. It tastes just about as close to the real thing as I think you can get. If you try it, let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments!
Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza (Pizza Inn Pizzert Copycat Recipe)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pizza or Baking Pan
- 1 Thin Crust Refrigerated Pizza Dough (or you can make your own)
- 2 1/2 Sticks (or 1 1/4 Cup) of Butter (NOT Margarine) Melted
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread crust on pan.
- In a small bowl, stir the two sugars together and break up any clumps that form.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix and melted butter.
- Add in HALF of the sugar mixture to the cake mix and butter mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto the crust, leaving about a 1/2 inch space around the edges.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of chocolate chips over the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar evenly over everything.
Bake for 10 minutes, then check to make sure it isn't burning. Some people like their pizza to have a crunchy top but I don't. Whenever I order it I always ask them to "leave it gooey" (like in my photo). If it isn't done to your liking, continue to cook it until it is checking on it every minute or 2. When it burns, it burns FAST so do not leave it unattended!
Cool for a few minutes, cut, and serve!